Thursday, January 4, 2007

???????

Over is the 'New Year' celebration. This year nothing special happened. Myself & my wife had a small gathering with our friends over some food & drinks. Had charade to past time & my wife had lots of GOSIIIIPSSS!!!!

BUT something did happen to my family. Us the children finally got up our courage & had a Family Meeting, serious. I recently lost my mom due to an accident and my dad got injured badly. till today he still have problem walking on his own. This is a very bad incident that scared both his life & ours the children too.

Also due to this , we have grown more maturely physically & emotionally. Frankly speaking, I personally still can't get over it. It was too sudden. My parents were on their usual holiday trips to China, when their tour bus lost its breaks and ran out of control downhill. My dad broke 14 pieces of his vertebrae bones, punctured his right lung, smashed his left shoulder blade and other bruises all over his body.

I had to stop everything on that day the tour company called us. Took the next available flight the very same day to Hong Kong, then a van to ShenZhen & later a run down van all 10 hours to Hezhou. The trip was horrible, all I can think of is 'how am i gonna tell dad?'. When i finally reach the hospital, the sight was devastating. My dad had tubes, wires, bandages & stuffs in & out of his body. When I know he was strong enough to take in my mom's fate, he suddenly turn & say 'your mom has passed away, be strong', this statement coming from my dad at his state of condition broke me down.

That night, SOS..... an insurance company..... came & talk to me about evacuating my dad to a better hospital of our choice. After a long discussion with my other siblings & my dad, we decided to come back to Malaysia for further treatment. UMMC was our choice & it was a wise one. DR. Deepak, Dr. Kwan & their team were great at rescuing of what was left to fix. After a 10 hour long surgery, the doctors came out to say they did their best but somethings were too severely damaged to be fix.

Well now, my dad is back home, with constant physiotherapy sessions to go to. I will have to deal with losing my mom, so as my dad have to deal with losing his wife of 39 years................

WE LOVE YOU MOM...........